The spread requirements for gold trading are the main reason why it is more expensive to trade than any other forex currency pair. It varies between brokers, which is why choosing the right broker for your Gold Trading is crucial.
Choose your broker in 5 simple steps
Process 1: Determine your broker needs
Establish your standards for the services that you require from a broker. You can set your own broker standard by answering these basic questions.
1. What are you going to trade? Forex, Gold, Silver, Stocks, Commodities.
2. What amount are you prepared to put up? You will take into consideration many things when investing a larger amount than if it is only a few hundred dollars.
3. Your account can be funded in a variety of ways. Some brokers accept bank wire transfers, PayPal, MasterCard, and credit cards.
You should now have a standard for your brokerage. The next step is to create your broker standard.
Researching Online Brokers: Process 2.
You will come across many brokers who offer forex and gold trading. You can use these guidelines to sort and filter brokers. Consider the following points.
1. Licence and accreditation. Brokers will have different authorities depending on where they are located and what products they sell.
a. Brokers in the US
NFA (National Futures Association)
ii. CFTC – Commodity Futures Trading Commission
b. United Kingdom-based brokers
i. FSA – Financial Service Authority
You should be careful before you sign with brokers who aren’t registered by these or other authorities.
2. Leverage. You will either succeed or fail in the trading world if you use leverage. This will help you if you win, but it can also work against you if you lose. Choose brokers who allow you to choose the leverage level that best suits your trading style.
3. Spread. Spread is the way most brokers make money from trades. Some offer a fixed spread, while others have variable spread. Gold spreads are usually very high. You should search for brokers who offer very competitive gold spreads.
4. Charting Services. Charting Services. Most brokers offer charts that can help you to trade with technical analysis. Consider how easy it is to use and whether or not the platform suits your trading style.
The third step is to make a deposit
Start with a small amount and test the broker’s services before sending a large sum of money. Find brokers who accept small amounts of capital or money for your initial investment and offer demo trading. You can start trading without worrying about the money that you risk.